Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mosaic ATC Swap, anyone?

UPDATE: I have had a tremendous response to this post via email and a lot of questions, so please let me clarify. The 4 for 3 swap ends on the last day of March. The mosaic swap ends on the last day of April and is a 2 for 2. Participants need to email your intent to play prior to sending cards. I must have your mailing address for the database before you are officially entered.

Thanks....and have fun!

Stacy


I am hosting an Artist Trading Card swap for an art organization and 36 people have signed up. Huge swap! My granddaughter, Maya, also plans to participate.

Stacy Alexander

Over the next ten days, I will be receiving these miniature works of art, swapping them out and sending them back to the artists.

Johnna Edmondson


This particular swap is a "four-for-three", so each artist makes four, receives three back and I get to keep one card for hosting the swap.
Franny Smith


I've written about ATC's before, but want to revisit the subject because lately when I pick up the mail, there are new cards, each unique and inspirational and I can't not mention them!

Victoria O'Neil

There are entire organizations devoted to ATC's and their exchange. Since the inception of the concept, the cards have spread across the world like wildfire.
Ann Tyler

People collect them, reuse them in their own art pieces, trade them, frame them and carry them around in plastic cases for instant art fixes while they are out and about. I used to keep a stack of them on my coffee table for use as conversation pieces or as a meditation aid. I have always loved looking at them over and over.

Marie Johanson

The cards can be made of virtually anything...metal, wood, glass, tile, paper....so long as they conform to the size regulations, anything goes!
Victoria Pfan

They are small and are sometimes referred to as "pocket art"...baseball card size...2.5" x 3.5". For this swap, I have received some real beauties...but the one card that my friend, Joanne sent from England (especially for me to keep) evoked the idea that I should host a mosaic ATC exchange. Here is the entire set:

Joanne Archer

And this it the mosaic card up close:

Joanne Archer

If you would like to participate in the mosaic ATC swap, please send me an email for the details:
bayarts4u at gmail dot com.

The swap will be two-for-two. You create and send two mosaic 2.5" x 3.5" cards on any rigid substrate, and you'll receive two of someone else's cards. You can create your card from ceramic tile, polymer clay, glass...whatever you want. Those are the basics. I think it will be fun!


5 comments:

donna engstrom said...

What a great idea! i'm in. Oh, what shall i use? My rusty stuff? Get into that clay i've been hoarding? Oh, oh, maybe my old palettes?

Donna

Stacy Alexander said...

Donna,

If you would like to participate, please drop me a line.

bayarts4u at gmail

dot com

Ibreak4glass said...

I would love to participate. I will forward the info to the Piecemakers mosaic artists team on etsy if that is ok.

Ibreak4glass said...

what is the time frame for the mosaic swap? And can A mosaic Artist participate in the other ATC 4 for 3 swap?

Stacy Alexander said...

Hi! If you'd like to participate, please send me your mailing address (bayarts4u at gmail) and let me know which swap(s) you would like to participate in. Deadline for the 4 for 3 is March 31 and deadline for the mosaic 2 for 2 is April 30.

Cheers!
Stacy

Stacy Alexander