All of Yulia Hanasen's mosaics are fabulous, but it was this portrait of Albert Einstein that first caught my attention. There are many renderings and photographs of the man, but none that catch that expression of something extra in the same way that Yulia's portrait does. Can't you just see the wheels turning in his mind?
All of Yulia's mosaic works seem to have that little something extra that causes one to pause and marvel. Her precise fitting techniques, the color choices that seem to reach out and grab the viewerr, the exacting placement of each piece of glass or tile....so well-thought-out...perefect but not static.... These are mosaics to dream about.
Yulia Hanansen is a second generation mosaic artist who is not at all new to mosaic art. Her Mosaic Sphere Studio, LLC will be celebrating its 7th year anniversary this year. The lofty mission of the studio is to build greater public awareness about mosaics, and to exhibit the superb qualities of this art form.
Along with mosaic artwork, the studio offers adult classes in mosaics, where a small group environment allows for thorough study of mosaic techniques and methods.
Ms. Hanansen’s latest works represent her fascination with the cosmos and the human connection. She is currently working with the layered glass mosaic technique, where tiles are not only glued next to each other, but on top of each other. Latest solo show “Crater Lakes: Imaginary and Real” featured images of the lakes created by the impact of asteroids into Earth’s surface. Other works, such as this 116' mural are equally as ambitious.
Click HERE to take a tour of this mural in progress.
Ms. Hanansen’s works have been exhibited in the galleries nationwide: Chicago, San Francisco, New York City, Mesa, just to name a few. She has also shown her artwork locally at Fountain Street Church in Grand Rapids, MI, the Michigan Guild Gallery, Ann Arbor Art Center, Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, and the University of Michigan W.Robins gallery. Work has been collected by patrons in the USA (AZ, MA, NY, CA, IL, FL, GA, MI, TX, WA, OH, PA, NJ, OR), Russia, Lithuania, Uzbekistan, Israel, Australia, Italy and even the South Pole!
Please visit her Mosaicsphere web site for more pictures and information.
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- David Zuttermeister - A New Symbolism
- Altin Rizi – Atelier of Mosaics
- Getting Ahead...Live Sculpture
- Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave.....
- Vernissage 2008: San Francisco Art Institute MFA G...
- Remembering_____ The Art of Mountain View Cemeter...
- Annie Leibovitz - Speaking With Her Lens
- The Wedding Night of Tobias and Sarah
- Yulia Hanasen - Razzle Dazzle and WOW!
- Ralph Goings - Painting the light
- Kelly Price Colston AKA Paper Ballet
- Tammy Lee - Mosaic Art Imperfect Perfection
- ATC = Artist Trading Cards (Portable Art)
- Klaus Lange - What no one else can see....
- Gila Rayberg - New Orleans Mosaics ...and all that...
- Pique Assiette - Smashing!
- Lisa Kokin - More than Words
- The Invisible Paintings of Edd Aragon
- Cynjon Noah - A Multifaceted Art Jewel
- Colleen Sands - Art through the Pain
- Red Bull - Energizing and Artfully Inspiring
- Barbara Peacock - In Living Color
- "You just put your lips together and blow" - Drawi...
- Elizabeth Raybee - Combining Personalities to Crea...
- A Different Kind of Art...
- Plywood Veneer Sculptures - Paul Baden
- Rachel Rodi - Personal & Universal Inspiration
- The Art of Sumi-e
- Kim Grant - Mosaics that DAZZLE!
- Whimsical Rubbish - Ben Hawkins
- ▼ May (30)