Make a Cool Bowl from a Record
This is a tutorial on how to use an old vinyl record to create a cool, artsy bowl. If you can find one of the records that were manufactured in brightly colored vinyl, they work really great for this project...but black is cool, too.
Get some cheap and useless vinyl records. Thrift stores are the perfect place to find them....and garage sales.
Preheat your oven to somewhere beween 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit (100-150 Celsius).
Place your record on the center of an upside down pot or metal bowl. Put this onto a baking sheet.
Put this into the oven. Keep a close watch because each vinyl starts to "flop" at a different time. It usually takes 4-8 minutes.
Take the whole thing out of the oven (wearing oven mitts, of course) once you notice some real "flopping" going on.
Put your record into another bowl and shape it around that, or you can hand mold it. Sometimes, you might like the way it looks right as you take it out of the oven; if so, skip the molding.
Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
Flip it over.
Be cooler than your friends who don't have their very own record bowls!
AND....screen print your own...tee, potholder.....whatever you want with this very quick and easy method that anyone can do!
Take a look at THIS video!
- December (6)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (8)
- April (6)
- March (6)
- February (6)
- January (2)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (30)
- August (17)
- July (17)
- June (27)
- May (30)
- April (27)
- Magic with a Flatbed Scanner - and winner of FREE ...
- FOOOOOOD ART!!!!
- Stephanie Metz – Never Felt Better!
- Carol Hummel – Embellishing Nature
- Tracy Broback - Many Irons in an Artful Fire
- Mars Tokyo -A Universe of Fantastic Art
- Jacqueline Iskander - Mosaics with Meaning
- Organizing Your Art Space by Stacy Alexander
- Goldsworthy - Rock of Ages...and eggs.
- Len Cowgill - Containment Beyond Assemblage
- Look at that Art Car go!
- Got art? Look no further....than your coffee cup!...
- Vincent Floderer - King of Crimp
- Skin Deep Art
- I'm your Steampunk, baby!
- Christine Brallier - Mosaic Life Force
- Elayne Goodman - Trash to Treasure
- Tutorial - Record Bowl & Handy Screen Printing
- Arlene Elizabeth - Peace maker
- Dorothy "Dot" Edwards - SPARKLES!
- Lynn Leahy - Reverse Glass Painting
- Tiona Marco - What Color Crayon Are You?
- How do you spell Graffiti? A-R-T-C-R-I-M-E
- Laurie Mika - Expressive Mosaics...and everything ...
- Madeleine Boulesteix - Just my cup of tea!
- Berta Sergeant - Northwest Mosaics
- Delaine Hackney - Mosaic Artist
- Star Fishing
- February (28)
- January (25)