Art is everywhere.
At times, one need look no further than the morning cupa joe!
I used to live in the Pacific Northwest where the term, "My barista..." was commonly used to refer to that special espresso bartender considered to be expert in the art of making espresso in any given neighborhood. When they made lattes, many of them finished off the drink with a special flourish of coffee art. Virtually every barista in every coffee shop from Portland to Seattle boasted of having the competitive edge over the guy next door when it came to creative picture making out of milk foam on top of the coffee.
Now, some clever guy has built a machine capable of accomplishing this same task. Said machine consists of a used x-y flatbed plotter (Philips 8155) and a book by Matt Gilliland, titled “Inkjet Applications”...oh, and some edible brown ink. He put the three things together with a nice, frothy latte... and viola!
(Click HERE if you cannot see the video above.)
While the machine makes some pretty impressive renderings, my respect still goes to the folks who can make latte drawings the old fashioned way....the way my barista back in Portland made 'em.
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Magic with a Flatbed Scanner - and winner of FREE ...
- FOOOOOOD ART!!!!
- Stephanie Metz – Never Felt Better!
- Carol Hummel – Embellishing Nature
- Tracy Broback - Many Irons in an Artful Fire
- Mars Tokyo -A Universe of Fantastic Art
- Jacqueline Iskander - Mosaics with Meaning
- Organizing Your Art Space by Stacy Alexander
- Goldsworthy - Rock of Ages...and eggs.
- Len Cowgill - Containment Beyond Assemblage
- Look at that Art Car go!
- Got art? Look no further....than your coffee cup!...
- Vincent Floderer - King of Crimp
- Skin Deep Art
- I'm your Steampunk, baby!
- Christine Brallier - Mosaic Life Force
- Elayne Goodman - Trash to Treasure
- Tutorial - Record Bowl & Handy Screen Printing
- Arlene Elizabeth - Peace maker
- Dorothy "Dot" Edwards - SPARKLES!
- Lynn Leahy - Reverse Glass Painting
- Tiona Marco - What Color Crayon Are You?
- How do you spell Graffiti? A-R-T-C-R-I-M-E
- Laurie Mika - Expressive Mosaics...and everything ...
- Madeleine Boulesteix - Just my cup of tea!
- Berta Sergeant - Northwest Mosaics
- Delaine Hackney - Mosaic Artist
- Star Fishing
- ▼ March (29)