*Note: The One World - One Heart giveaway is two posts down....
As artists, the use of color is one of the most important decision-making elements we have to consider....but where did these colors come from as they appear in nature? This fascinating and engaging book is about how nature creates and uses color, and how the human and animal eye perceives it. Each chapter in the book deals with a separate color, from ultra-violet through to red, providing along the way a real insight into the visual side of evolution, as well as the scientific discoveries that led to such knowledge.
Reading this book will renew your faith in the theory of evolution, as it highlights the genuine ingenuity and intelligent beauty of the ever-changing natural world. I implore anyone that has doubts about evolution to read this book as soon as possible.
*If you have not yet commented to be entered into the drawing for a free mosaic heart, please proceed to the entry entitled, "One World - One Heart" and leave your comment. Drawing will be held on February 14, 2008 from the names of those who participate.
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Kim Larson - Hearing the Color
- On Finding One's Inner Barbie - The Work of Audre...
- My Hero - Yayoi Kusama
- Bert Simons - Hollow Paper Sculptures
- Dragonfly Bambuca
- Art as Subversive Communication - Honoring Laci Pe...
- Revenge is Living Well Without You
- Tricia Joy Anders is Da Bomb!
- Smell the Roses
- Cruelty Free Gesso , Art Dolls and a Call for Arti...
- Say Darjit! (with Enthusiasm!)
- How to Make a Photo Transfer with Gel Medium
- Gilbert and George
- Congratulations Jessica Neaves !
- Lighting the Steps of the Soap Box
- Cathy Kasdan - Repurposed Inspiration
- It's All a Matter of Perspective
- Reminder - One World-One Heart Event
- Boiling the Cauldron of Creative Soup
- Human Figure Made of 300 AIDS Med Bottles Raises A...
- Color Psychology
- The Truth about Lying
- The Whitest Boy
- File that under "Inspiration"
- Speaking Through Art
- Pricked: Extreme Embroidery
- Book Recommendation
- ▼ February (28)