Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thankful in the New Year

Friends

What better way is there to ring in the new year than in the company of good friends? Nine days later, I am sailing into 2008 with another school term under my belt, another step closer to my goal and so much to be thankful for that I barely recognize what I felt this time a year ago. My spirits are exceptionally high and I feel happy to be alive.


It's all good.

I was recently contacted by a representative of the Oakland Convention & Visitors Bureau who had seen some of my photography and was urged to enter certain photographs in their upcoming contest to be used a promotional materials for the City of Oakland. Even if I don't win, I am flattered to have been asked, especially just after having tied for first place in another photo contest with this photo:

Beware the Angry Gull!


My other work seems to have turned a corner in the increase in sales and commissions and the landing of a potentially great show in March.

Things are looking up!

Stacy Alexander