Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Thankful in the New Year
What better way is there to ring in the new year than in the company of good friends? Nine days later, I am sailing into 2008 with another school term under my belt, another step closer to my goal and so much to be thankful for that I barely recognize what I felt this time a year ago. My spirits are exceptionally high and I feel happy to be alive.
It's all good.
I was recently contacted by a representative of the Oakland Convention & Visitors Bureau who had seen some of my photography and was urged to enter certain photographs in their upcoming contest to be used a promotional materials for the City of Oakland. Even if I don't win, I am flattered to have been asked, especially just after having tied for first place in another photo contest with this photo:
My other work seems to have turned a corner in the increase in sales and commissions and the landing of a potentially great show in March.
Things are looking up!
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Art from the Heart - Free Giveaway!
- One World - One Heart (FREE GIVEAWAY!)
- Call for Entries!
- KrazyDad Kaleidoscopes
- Spreading the Anti-Blizzard Juju
- I (Heart) Gocco
- Brian Dettmer
- Mosaic Madness
- Need a gift...but low on cash?
- POPaganda: The Art and Subversion of Ron English
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #3 - Monoprint
- Mark Khaisman - Tape it up....
- Air Tap
- Call for Art - Deadline Feb. 22, 2008
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #2 - Dot to Dot
- Stitch Witchery
- Polina Seminova
- Art Challenges for 2008
- Farmer of Patterns
- Technorati Profile
- On This Day in History
- Thankful in the New Year
- Pinkie Bhutto
- ▼ January (25)