I have been following the sculptural tape trend that a lot of my friends are trying, and have been having a good time with it. However, today, I stumbled upon a new use for regular packing tape that blew me away! Check out these amazing works crafted from packing tape by Ukraine born, Philadelphia-based artist,
Mark Khaisman These large archetypal images are made from layer upon layer of translucent packing tape, applied to plexiglass and then placed in front of a light box to give the image shadow and depth. Mark is inspired by people, places and things which have a classic style to them. he believes that reinterpreting these classics, using his medium and method, transforms these iconic figures and objects into a remarkable personal experience for the viewer.
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Art from the Heart - Free Giveaway!
- One World - One Heart (FREE GIVEAWAY!)
- Call for Entries!
- KrazyDad Kaleidoscopes
- Spreading the Anti-Blizzard Juju
- I (Heart) Gocco
- Brian Dettmer
- Mosaic Madness
- Need a gift...but low on cash?
- POPaganda: The Art and Subversion of Ron English
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #3 - Monoprint
- Mark Khaisman - Tape it up....
- Air Tap
- Call for Art - Deadline Feb. 22, 2008
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #2 - Dot to Dot
- Stitch Witchery
- Polina Seminova
- Art Challenges for 2008
- Farmer of Patterns
- Technorati Profile
- On This Day in History
- Thankful in the New Year
- Pinkie Bhutto
- ▼ January (25)